The Mindset Coach
Website address is: http://www.yourmindsetcoach.co.uk
Address: North Warehouse, The Docks, Gloucester GL1 2EP
Therapist Lorna Denton
Why should you read this statement?
During the course of dealing with The Mindset Coach I will ask you to provide me with personal information relating to your existing circumstances, your health and family history, (Your Personal Data). This document is important as it allows me to explain to you what I will need to do with Your Personal Data, and the various rights you have in relation to Your Personal Data. You do not have to consent to the collection of information; however, if you choose not to provide it, I may not be able to work with you.
This Privacy Statement sets out how The Mindset Coach uses and protects the information you provide when using my services and accessing my website.
I intend to ensure any data you provide is kept secure, managed respectfully and only used for the purposes for which it has been provided.
This policy will be updated periodically in line with current legislation.
What do I mean by “Your Personal Data”?
Your Personal Data means any information that describes or relates to your personal circumstances. Your Personal Data may identify you directly, for example your name, address, date of birth. Your Personal Data may also identify you indirectly, for example, your employment situation, your physical and mental health history, or any other information that could be associated with your cultural or social identity.
In the context of providing you with assistance in relation to your therapy requirements, your Personal Data may include:
- Title, names, date of birth, gender, nationality, marital status, contact details, address
- Psychological and physical health status and history, details of current and past treatments (medical and/or other therapies), GP details
- Family details
How do I collect Your Personal Data?
I will usually collect and record Your Personal Data directly from you. When you contact me via my website, phone or email I will collect your: Name, Email Address, and possibly your Telephone Number, and any information you choose to supply regarding the purpose of your enquiry.
You will usually provide information during our initial meetings or conversations to establish your circumstances and needs in relation to receiving therapy. You will provide information to me verbally and in writing, including email.
I may also obtain some information from third parties, for example, your GP and/or other medical practitioners if I deem this appropriate. I will usually not do this without your consent and prior knowledge: there is one exception to this, as stated below.
I will also make brief notes of our discussions during your sessions and of the therapy protocols used in your sessions.
What happens to Your Personal Data when it is disclosed to me?
In order for me to provide the therapy services you need, I have the right to use Your Personal Data for the purposes detailed below.
In the course of handling Your Personal Data, I will:
- Record and store Your Personal Data in my paper files, mobile devices and on our computer systems (websites, email, hard drives, and cloud facilities). This information can only be accessed by me, and only when it is necessary to provide my service to you and to perform any administration tasks associated with or incidental to that service
- Use Your Personal Data to contact you from time to time concerning your appointments and / or to discuss your therapy requirements
- Use Your Personal Data for the purposes of responding to any queries you may have in relation to your therapy requirements
- I may also use this information to improve my services
Sharing Your Personal Data
From time to time Your Personal Data may be shared with:
- My clinical supervisor for the purposes of discussing any challenges or difficulties arising during your therapy. It will be provided in such a way as to prevent you from being directly identified. In any event, my clinical supervisor is bound by a code of ethics and client confidentiality
I uphold the common law principles of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of ‘greater good’. If in my opinion as a therapist there is good reason to believe not to disclose Your Personal Data would cause danger or serious harm to self, the therapist or others, then your GP or other appropriate agencies may be contacted. Only information required to ensure the safety of relevant parties would be disclosed.
The sharing of anonymous case histories with clinical supervisors and peer support groups is not a breach of professional confidentiality.
Security and retention of Your Personal Data
Your privacy is important to me and I will take reasonable steps to keep Your Personal Data secure and confidential.
Your Personal Data will be retained by me either electronically or in paper format for a minimum of six years.
For the purposes of clarity, I do not usually receive or retain your bank details.
Your rights in relation to Your Personal Data
- request a copy of Your Personal Data that is under my control. I will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request.
- ask me to further explain how we use Your Personal Data
- ask me to correct, delete or require me to restrict or stop using Your Personal Data (details as to the extent to which I can do this will be provided at the time of any such request). This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes
- ask me to send an electronic copy of Your Personal Data to another organisation should you wish
- change the basis of any consent you may have provided to enable me to contact you in the future (including withdrawing any consent in its entirety)
ICO Registration No: ZA429897
How to make contact with The Mindset Coach in relation to the use of Your Personal Data
If you have any questions or comments about this statement, or wish to make contact in order to exercise any of your rights set out within it please contact: Lorna Denton, North Warehouse, The Docks, Gloucester GL1 2EP, telephone 07970298545 or email: email@example.com
If I feel I have a legal right not to deal with your request, or to action it in different way to how you have requested, I will inform you of this at the time.
You should also make contact with me as soon as possible on you becoming aware of any unauthorised disclosure of Your Personal Data, so that I may investigate this.
If you have any concerns or complaints as to how I have handled Your Personal Data you may lodge a complaint with the UK’s data protection regulator, the ICO, who can be contacted through their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Cookies are small files which ask your permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive so that it can analyse web traffic to my website. Through this, I can see which of my website’s pages are being viewed. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can modify your setting to decline them if you prefer. If you choose to do this, you may find that you cannot make full use of my website.
Links to other websites
Embedded content from other websites